Pushpin customization

Apr 16, 2010 at 10:49 AM

Hello,

I've tried SMIL and I found it really interesting. Then I tried to have a look at the source code to see how pushpins are displayed and how that part could be customized.

I then noticed than source code for Layer part was not provided. That is the reason why I start a new discussion :

• Is there a way to use stardard BingMaps pushpins (that have a fixed size not considering zoom level)
  • Is there a way to fully customize the pushpin's information view (for example to display additional informations that are not stored in SharePoint lists)

Thank you for your job and sorry for my really ugly written english.

Laurent MONDEIL

Apr 16, 2010 at 8:35 PM

Hi Laurent,

Thanks for your feedback. The reason why the sourcecode for the Layer is not provided is that is maintained by the DeepEarth project, http://deepearth.codeplex.com, and we didn't want to have our own DeepEarth tree in this project. It should be a bunch of dll files in a folder named DeepEaarth-dlls in the web part project. At the moment we are using the provided value from the GeoRss feed as the pushpin. On your second question you probably also want to change the GeoRss feed. But at the moment, the answer is no without any development.

Per